No one expects to get involved in a slip and fall accident while going about day-to-day activities. Because our bodies are unprepared, there is often compromised body mechanics during the fall that can contribute to the severity of the injuries. If you’ve been injured in this kind of accident, contact us today. Our slip and fall accident lawyers can help you with legal advice and representation for your case.
Where Do Slip and Fall Accidents Occur in El Paso?
While El Paso doesn’t see a lot of ice and sleet, slip and falls often occur because of wet floors, spilled liquids, inadequate or lack of entry mats, and various other hazards. Sometimes unexpected objects can also impede your pathway of travel, causing a hazard. Other times, people can trip over large sidewalk cracks, potholes, or small unmarked steps. It’s also possible for steps or handrails to fail, thus causing a person to fall.
Property Ownership and Responsibility
All El Paso and Texas property owners have a responsibility to maintain their premises in a safe and functional manner. If you slip and fall or are otherwise injured. At the same time, shopping, visiting a business, or on someone else’s property, you likely can file a claim against the business or property owner because they are responsible for maintaining a safe environment.
What Should I Do If I’ve Been Injured in a Slip and Fall Accident?
- Seek medical attention immediately. Your well-being is important, and medical examination can also assess and document any injuries.
- Immediately report the incident to the staff or property owner so the incident can be documented. This is also important if you are a tenant on a rental property. If you’re at someone else’s home, let them know about the incident.
- If possible, take or have another person take photos of the exact spot the incident occurred.
- Obtain the names and phone numbers of anyone who witnessed the incident.
- Please don’t speak to others about our incident until you’ve met with a slip and fall accident lawyer.
Contact the slip and fall accident lawyer at the Quiñonez Law Firm Today.
We understand that unforeseen incidents like slip and fall accidents can cause a lot of harm. If you or someone you know has been injured, please contact us, and we’d be happy to set up a consultation.